Cast aluminum construction for long lasting, rust-roof durability and even cooking temperatures
- 4 point venting system provides precise temperature control and versatile cooking options
- Capsule style design creates a convective effect to cook food from all sides
- Lifts off the cart without tools to make a truly portable grill for camping or tailgating
- Hinged cooking grid lets you easily add charcoal or wood to grill without removing grid
For over sixty years the cast aluminum construction of the Portable Kitchen charcoal grill & smokers have proven to be rust-proof and durable. Featuring a four point adjustable vent system for easy temperature control, more temperature control than Kamado style grills, allowing you to set it up to cook hot and fast for steaks and burgers or low and slow for pork butt and ribs. The capsule style design moves heat around the grill, creating a convective effect, cooking food from all sides. The detachable hood makes cleaning easy while the hinged cooking grid lets you conveniently add charcoal without removing the cooking grid. The nickel-plated steel cooking grid offers 301 square inches of cooking surface. The grill lifts off the cart without tools making it truly portable for camping or tailgating so you won't sacrifice good quality cooking just to be portable. The Portable Kitchen Cast Aluminum Freestanding Charcoal Grill & Smoker will be the last charcoal grill you will ever need to buy.
- 20 inches
- 34 1/2 inches
- 35 inches
- 50 pounds
WarrantyPortable Kitchens, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that all Portable Kitchen grill & smokers are free from defects in material or workmanship at the time of purchase. Portable Kitchens, Inc. must be notified within thirty (30) days from the original date of purchase of any defect and Portable Kitchens, Inc. will replace any defect part. In addition, Portable Kitchens, Inc. warrants the cast aluminum grill capsule against burn-out, rust or breakage for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase under normal, non-commercial use.
Overall Dimensions Height 34 1/2 Inches Width 20 Inches Depth 35 Inches Weight 50 Pounds Shipping Details
* Some orders received will go through our fraud prevention department. If your order is selected, you will be notified and your order may be delayed up to three (3) additional business days.
Shipping PriceFree Shipping( Read Our Simple Shipping Policy ) Ship Time*Leaves our warehouse in 3-4 weeks Shipping Dimensions & Weight Shipping Width 31 Inches Shipping Height 19 Inches Shipping Length 15 Inches Shipping Weight 50 Pounds
Simple Shipping applies to continental U.S. locations (and Canada) only.
over $249 Free under $249 $6.95
Free Shipping on orders over $249
Ship your entire order to your home for free, especially the big stuff!
$6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping
Anything under $249 ships at one low price. If your order increases, your shipping stays the same!
45–day “No Hassle” Returns
We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging for a full refund (minus actual shipping cost we incurred).
No Restocking Fee
Most companies charge a 15% or more restocking fee. We think that is wrong.*
Shared Shopping Cart
One shared shopping cart lets you shop across our family of sites and reach free shipping faster.
We do not ship items directly to Canada, however we will ship to your desired US-based freight forwarder.
Please call 1-877-743-2269 for more information, or refer to the Shipping Specifications, below.
45 Day No Hassle Returns
We want you to love what you buy! But if you don’t, we offer a simple “No Hassle Returns” policy. We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 45 days of delivery for a refund (minus the original and return shipping costs incurred by BBQ.com). Naturally, if your return is because of our error, you are not responsible for any shipping costs.
- If your return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first work with you to get the product repaired. If repair is not possible, then we’ll work with you to get it replaced.
- If your return will be coming back via freight truck, we will require you to provide us a photo before your return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone pic! We just need a “before” picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to us.
- To expedite the returns process, before shipping the item(s) back, make sure they are clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage, and (if necessary) you note all defects along with the photos taken.
Important information about refund eligibility:
To be eligible for a “No Hassle Return,” items must be returned within 45 days of delivery in “Like New” condition. “Like New” condition is when a returned item is unused, unassembled, and has been returned in the original packaging.
- Full refunds do not apply to certain items, including clearance items, gift cards, gift certificates, items that have been personalized, and items clearly marked as “non-returnable,” such as products sold as “Warehouse Deals.”
- The costs of return shipping are deducted from your refund or merchandise credit.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item has been inspected by us in our warehouse.
- Refunds must be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item is inspected upon return delivery.
- BBQ.com reserves the right to refuse a refund on a returned item if:
- The item that has been returned does not match the original item shipped to the customer.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product's packaging.
- The item was damaged during the return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been obviously heavily used (such as significant charcoal buildup inside a grill).
- The item has been assembled in a way that would impede proper packaging for return shipping.
In exchange situations, there are TWO options:
- If you need the product right away, you can purchase a replacement on a new order to get it shipped out as soon as possible. Then return the original item and we’ll refund you for the original once we've received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition.
- If you can wait a little longer, return the original item and once we've received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition, we’ll refund you for that purchase, then have you purchase the replacement on a new order and we’ll ship the replacement as soon as possible.
Custom made-to-order/special order items are made to your specifications. Due to the custom nature of made-to-order/special order items, all sales are final. Made-to-order/special order items defective due to manufacturing will be repaired/replaced as long as the claim is made within the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. Custom pieces damaged in shipping will still follow all steps for a freight claim as previously listed here. All Custom pieces will be repaired or replaced with an item of the same nature as previously ordered. You will not be allowed to order an item that differs from the damaged or defective item.
Feel free to use our simple online form to obtain a Returns Authorization Number (also known as an RMA number) and let us walk you through our 45 Day No Hassle Returns process.
Customer Safety & Security
All purchasing transactions take place over a secure connection. This means that while theoretically someone could be listening to the conversation between your computer and our server, they could not understand it. It is encrypted with the highest standards and latest technologies possible.
Also, our site is checked daily to verify the security of our site and your transactions.
Customers Also Bought
Overall Customer Rating
We don't have any customer images for this item yet.
Want to leave a review for this product?
Simply the BestMy dad bought this grill at an Air Force Base Exchange in 1965 and I have been cooking on it since then. It came with a cast iron grate that had a high ridge about 1/5 of the distance forward of the back edge that perfectly assisted in stacking charcoal. That was the first component to go, but that was in the early 1980's. Since then, I have replaced the grate and grill twice. The manufacturer used to be a family enterprise in Arkansas. I am pleased to see the product continuing to be produced. I have cooked everything on this baby! We cook put at least twice a week. I often cook steaks and chicken at the same time and am able to control the heat perfectly with the vents. I re-use briquets often because I close the vents as I remove the food. My chicken breasts are always cooked evenly and moist. My family won't go out for food I can cook on my grill because they say ours is better than we could get in a restaurant. Guest ask me how I do it. I tell them I use my Portable Kitchen and let God do the rest. I've been using the same grill for 45 years, so the cooking is as second nature as breathing. When I'm overseas, I have to use a regular kettle grill that is popular in the states that really just does not cook as well as the Portable Kitchen. As for the debate over gas vs. charcoal, my gas buddies never turn down the opportunity to eat anything that comes off my charcoal kitchen. The charcoal is ready in about the same time that is required to properly heat up a gas grill. And with the proper use of mesquite wood and chips, the flavor of anything coming off the grill makes the small amount of time spent in ash removal seem insignificant. If my Portable Kitchen ever wears out, I will promptly buy another. However, I expect to pass this one down in my will. It continues to be one of the simplest and greatest pleasures in my life.
Best Grill Ever!!This is by far the best grill I have ever seen! I bought my PK from a friend of mine in 1981 for $20.00. I don't think he had any idea what he had. But something told me to buy it and I'm sure glad I did. My wife and I were married in 1981 and it's the only grill we've ever owned or used. All I've ever replaced were the top and bottom grills a few times. That's an extremely small price to pay for what you get in return. I love my grill and I use it every week.
What a Grill/Smoker!!!Ok, I have both, the PK Grill and the BGE. I use both, but my favorite is the PK because of how easy it is to use. I can cook both direct and indirect at the same time, can't do that with the BGE. Now, the BGE has it uses, great for long (20hr) cooking, but most often, I cook for shorter times than that. I bought one for my son for his birthday... HE LOVES IT!!! We use the PK alot more often than the BGE.
Food MasterI have a P/K GRILL that my dad bought about 45 yrs ago. I might replace the cart someday, but I think the grill will be around in 200 yrs and still look good. Only replaced the grates. Top grate is hinged so you can add charcoal w/o removing it. Genius Top and bottom vents allow versatility of air flow. Cool!
Had it since 1964I've had my grill since 1964, and I have had about the same satisfaction as my friend has had. In fact, I'm strongly considering buying a replacement. For a while, PK Grills "disappeared," and we couldn't purchase parts, etc. Glad to know they are still in business! Keep up the GOOD WORK!
Made in the USAIn a time when most things purchased are foreign made, and cheaply so... the PK is a refreshing change. I absolutely love this grill. My brother-in-law is an amazing griller and motivated me to make the switch from propane to charcoal. I stumbled across this grill while scouring the internet for quality charcoal grills. I am so happy that I found this grill. I have grilled three times on it so far and it did NOT disappoint. This grill is awesome. I use only natural charcoal, and plan to mix in some hardwood on occasion. I use a chimney starter to avoid starting fluid. The result is amazing. The food I have had so far off this grill has convinced me that switching to charcoal was the right thing to do. I had a large party for my son's graduation and received lots of compliments on the grill and the food. There really is only one thing that I would change about this grill. I would like the stand to be taller. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. If you are considering this grill, you should do it. I have NO buyers remorse and have already told my family that my oldest son will receive this grill when I am gone. He is 19 and I am only 41! :)
Question & Answer
I have made up my mind to buy one of these but are there models with thermometers in them or can you add one so it is easier to monitor the temperature?
Thank you for contacting us. These do not ccome with thermometers but you can purchase a bbq thermometer and stick the probe in the air vent at the top. Here is the link with the thermometers if you are interested. https://www.bbqguys.com/bbq-accessories/bbq-grilling-tools/thermometers Let us know if we can help you with anything else.
Want to ask a question about this product?