Plank Smoked Salmon Recipe with Sage Lemon Butter Sauce
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Learn how to make delicious Planked Salmon in your pizza oven or on the grill! This recipe features salmon that is plank smoked on Hickory and Maple wood and topped with a sage lemon butter sauce.
PREP 10 mins COOK 15 mins READY IN 25 mins
- 2 ea. salmon filets, skin on
- Olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 ea. fresh lemon zest
- 1 T. dry rub sage
- Lemon Sage Butter Sauce
- 2 T. dry white wine
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shallots
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, ground
- coarse salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. fresh sage
- 1 stick butter
*You'll also need wood planks for the grill. Before grilling, soak the planks for 4-24 hours.
- Drizzle salmon filets with olive oil and add rub ingredients.
- Preheat wood planks for 10 minutes that have been soaked over night and coated with olive oil.
- Begin to cook salmon on planks while you prepare the lemon sage butter sauce.
- Reduce the ingredients in a pan until it becomes a glaze and turn the burner to low to add your heavy cream, sage and butter.
- Turn fish and allow to bake until it you can flake it with a fork.
- Optional: Turn up the heat to ignite the planks and allow to flame kiss the sides of your salmon. Be sure to have water near by to extinguish flame.
- Drizzle filets with lemon sage butter sauce and top with fresh sage. Serve and enjoy!
Items We Used To Cook Plank Smoked Salmon
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.