Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
Chef Tony has been making homemade pizza since his childhood in his family's pizza shop, and now he shows you how to make pizza dough in this easy recipe.
SERVES 3 PREP 30 min RISE 2 DAYS
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour (reserve half a cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 3/4 cup mineral water
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Blend reserved a half cup of bread flour, your yeast, water, and honey together in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and let mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Once rested, add in sea salt, and olive oil. Whisk to combine, and begin adding in the rest of your bread flour, a little bit at a time.
- Once flour is incorporated and dough forms, turn it out onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead your dough until it becomes smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once kneaded, allow dough ball to rest with a kitchen towel placed over it for 15 minutes.
- After resting, cut the dough ball into two even pieces, and roll each piece to form a total of 2 dough balls.
- Lightly coat each dough ball with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place dough balls in separate zip lock bags and into the refrigerator for 1-2 days, to allow them to slowly rise.
- Once risen, take them out of the refrigerator and allow them to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out to make pizza.