Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza in the Camp Chef Pizza Oven
In this recipe learn how to make Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza in the Camp Chef Pizza Oven. Perfect as an appetizer, or an entree, making pizza in a Camp Chef Pizza Oven is quick and easy!Shop Camp Chef Pizza Ovens
PREP 15 minutes COOK 25 minutes SERVES 2
- 1-10 inch raw pizza dough
- ¼ cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- ½ red onion (grilled and sliced)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 chicken breast (grilled)
- All purpose flour and cornmeal
Procedure for Pizza:
- Preheat heat gas grill to high heat for 10 minutes to get the grates hot, then reduce heat to medium.
- Grill chicken breast until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, while also grilling the sliced red onion for about 4 minutes on each side. Pull all from grill and let rest.
- Begin preheating your pizza oven between 350 and 400 degrees. Meanwhile, dice you chicken breast and red onion.
- Flour your work surface before flattening your dough. Doing this and coating the dough ball with flour will help to stop the dough from sticking. Flatten your dough out to a diameter of 10 inches. Spread a thin layer of cornmeal on the peel to help the pizza slide off easy, then put the flattened dough on the peel.
- Begin topping the pizza by spreading the BBQ sauce on the dough just barely to the edges. Spread the chicken, red onion, and then cheese across the pizza.
- Slide the pizza onto the stone in the pizza oven and cook for 5 minutes. With your peel, rotate the pizza to ensure evenness of cooking, then cook for approximately another 5 minutes. The cheese should be melted and have some caramelization, and the crust should be golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Slice and Enjoy!