Caribbean Jerk Chicken Cooked On A Rotisserie
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
If you like spicy food, then this recipe is for you! Chef Tony shows us how to make jerk chicken using authentic Caribbean ingredients, complete with a marinade and basting sauce.
PREP 20 mins COOK 1 hour 15 mins READY IN 1 hour 35 mins
- For Paste:
- 2 Habanero peppers, roughly chopped
- 6 Green onions, roughly chopped (white and light green only)
- 1 Yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- For Marinade:
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp all spice
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Rub chicken inside and out with the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Rough chop the ingredients for your paste and place them into the bowl of a food processor; blend until fairly smooth.
- Slowly drizzle lime juice into processor until it forms a smooth paste.
- Poke chicken all over with a fork and rub half of your paste on the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Add the marinade ingredients to your reserved paste and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag, place the chicken in the bag, seal, and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Boil half of the marinade to use as baste, reserve the other half to drizzle over chicken before serving.
- Preheat coals for about 20 minutes and skewer chicken. Allow to brown near coals and then move it to upper rack.
- Continue to baste chicken periodically while it cooks for a spicy, flavorful crust.
- Remove chicken when the internal temperature reaches 165°F, top with the sauce, serve and enjoy!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
Pizza Ovens & Accessories
Fryers, Burners & Cookware