Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe on a Gas Grill
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
This dish is excellent on its own, or served with a steak for surf 'n turf.
PREP 20 mins COOK 10 mins READY IN 30 mins
- 2 lbs. scallops (U-10, muscle removed)
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 10 sage leaves (chopped)
- 10 slices of bacon (halved and par boiled 3 minutes)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Whisk together lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, white pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, and sage leaves.
- Boil bacon for three minutes, then remove pat dry and allow to cool.
- Wrap each scallop with one piece of bacon and slide 3-4 on each skewer, to keep bacon in place.
- Pour marinade over scallops and let stand for fifteen minutes while pre-heating your grill to medium high.
- Grill scallops for 2-3 minutes per side (until golden brown) and enjoy!
Wine: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir
Beer: American Pale Ale, Belgian Witbier
Items We Used To Cook Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
Pizza Ovens & Accessories
Fryers, Burners & Cookware