Weber Summit Gas Grill Guide
The Weber Summit BBQ grill series is the top of the line. Weber Summit gas grills are available in several models.
- S Series vs. E Series: S indicates that the grill is all stainless steel, while E means the grill is black porcelain enameled.
- 400 vs. 600: This refers to the size of the grill. 400 models have four burners, while 600 models have six burners. Each burner produces 10,000 BTUs.
- 60 vs. 70: 60 models are built-in, while 70 models are cart-mounted freestanding.
- The Weber Summit Grill Centers are the true definition of the Weber lifestyle: with a six-burner grill packed with exclusive features, installed on a 7.5 ft. BBQ island, this setup has it all.
- All Weber Summit gas grills are powered by an all-stainless steel cooking system that’s packed with features.
Summit Benefits and Features
Grill Out Handle light – A nifty light that automatically comes on to light up the grill during nighttime cooks.
Snap-Jet Ignition – Each burner has its own flame thrower ignition mechanism – providing a reliable start for every grilling session.
LED Control Knobs and Tank Scale – The control knobs on Summit grills are backlit with LED lights, giving you increased visibility. The propane scale is also backlit by LED lights, allowing you to see how much fuel is in the propane tank. Weber gas grills are not compatible with gas conversion kits, so the Natural Gas version has no tank scale.
Grates and Flavorizers – All of the cooking grates are made with 9mm stainless steel rods and the Flavorizer bars are made from stainless steel as well. Weber pioneered the Flavorizer bar in 1984 and still uses them to protect the burners from drippings, which also prevents flare-ups.
All Summit Freestanding and Grill Centers have these features:
Side Burner – All freestanding grill models come with a flush-mounted side burner that can be covered and converted to extra shelving when not in use. The side burner provides 12,000 BTUs and is perfect for keeping food warm. The Grill Center has a dual-ring side burner that provides 27,000 BTUs.
Rear Burner and Rotisserie – All Summit grills come with a rotisserie system that can be tucked away easily. The rear rotisserie burner provides 10,600 BTUs.
Sear Burner – Each Summit grill comes with a 10,600 BTU searing station.
Stainless Steel Smoker Box - The Summit has an integrated smoker box that can be filled with wood chips to add a smoky flavor to your food. The smoker box has a 6,800 BTU smoker burner.
Grill Center Exclusive
The Weber Grill Center has a few exclusive features set it apart as a Weber Kitchen BBQ Island. The storage beneath the grill has four access doors for maximum storage. There’s a built-in paper towel holder to keep them close-by while you cook. The island legs are adjustable so you can level it in your outdoor space.